Birmingham Tree People was set up as part of the Tree Council’s Tree Warden Scheme by Birmingham City Council’s Tree Officers in 2016.
Here a a few of the things that our volunteer tree wardens do:
- In Birmingham we will be using iTree software to record every tree in every park in the city. This is a big task!
- Tree wardens look out for pests and diseases on trees in their trees and alert the tree officers.
- Tree wardens spot planning breaches and let tree officers know.
- We also help with tree-related citizen science research.
- Tree wardens link in with local councillors over issues affecting trees in their wards.
- They also support landowners over the trees on their land.
Tree wardens organise tree activities in their local parks and open spaces. These could be:
- Tree planting
- Link with local nurseries
- Tree identification walks
- Tree dressing
- Art and craft activities